Notesy 2.3 Release Notes
Notesy now has an accessory keyboard to make it easier to edit basic notes and Markdown-formatted notes. The iPhone and iPod accessory keyboard spans two pages. You can swipe left and right to switch between them. The iPad accessory keyboard fits on one page.
For the iPhone and iPod accessory keyboard, Notesy remembers the last accessory keyboard used and will display that one when you edit another note.
iPhone/iPod Standard Accessory Keyboard
This keyboard includes commonly used characters that normally require extra taps on the standard iOS keyboard. To view this keyboard, swipe right on the Markdown accessory keyboard.
iPhone/iPod Markdown Accessory Keyboard
This keyboard includes characters for edit Markdown-formatted text. To view this keyboard, swipe left on the standard accessory keyboard.
iPad Accessory Keyboard
This keyboard include characters for basic note editing as well as Markdown editing.
Accessory Keyboard Configuration Settings
The accessory keyboard can be disabled in Notesy's
Notesy's URL scheme has a few new features and bug fixes. You can find the full URL scheme documentation here. Here is a summary of the new features:
Add a custom header to the
When using the
render-markdown action, you can provide a
to replace the default header. Notesy places the CSS in the header, so you can
use this attribute to use custom CSS. For more information, please read the
URL Scheme Documentation.
Create an empty note
You can now create an empty note using the
append action. Set the
attribute to an empty string to accomplish this. You can also set the
the file or the
path of the file. For more information, please read the URL
Scheme Documentation. Here is an example of creating
a new, empty note in the root folder without specifying the note name:
Upgrading to the latest SDK includes bug fixes, better integration with the Dropbox iOS app, and support for two step verification.
- The Render Markdown view will convert phone numbers and addresses to links automatically
- Creating notes with URL Scheme now retains filename capitalization
- Accessibility and Voice Over updates
- Updated Markdown rendering
- We fixed several sync bugs that would only show up when manual syncing was enabled
- When adding files to Dropbox, Notesy should use the last modified time, rather than the time the file was added to Dropbox. This should help some sorting options when adding older files